Tamara Mellon understands that your privacy is important. We want you to understand what information we collect from users of the Site, how we handle that information and how you can contact us to correct any information that we may have.
- Information Collected. You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or disclosing any personally identifiable information about yourself. We may track information provided to us by your browser, including the web site you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, the content that you access and other information that does not personally identify you. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
Tamara Mellon may also collect personal information when you provide it to us, such as providing us with your emails, addresses, registering for a user account on the Site, requesting e-mail updates or catalogues or reminders for events and special dates or if we ask you to participate in a survey or questionnaire, or when you submit comments, suggestions and the like to us via the Site or otherwise. Tamara Mellon may collect information in connection therewith such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers and other relevant information.
In addition, Tamara Mellon may store certain information when you purchase or return an item, provide shipping information for yourself or others or request a receipt, such as information your provide our third party processors, including, without limitation, transactional information based on your activities and purchases on the Site, and addresses you provide to ship an item to yourself or a third party. In addition we may store information we or our third party processors ask you to submit to authenticate yourself. We also may store information provided by you with respect to dispute resolution, such as correspondence that you send to us.
We do not sell or rent personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Information Provided to Our Third Party Processors by You and Links to Third Parties’ Sites.
We may also use third party service providers to serve our advertisements on the Internet. These advertisers may collect information about your visits and use of the Site through the use of pixel tags and cookies. Such information does not include your name, address or other personal information. Our service providers may use the information about your visits to our websites and to other websites to provide advertisements about Tamara Mellon’s products to you when you visit the Site or other websites.
- How the Information is Used. Tamara Mellon may use the information we collect and the information you give us to provide you with important information and notices relating to the services, and to communicate with you about marketing promotions via email, web, mobile, SMS, or direct mail that Tamara Mellon thinks you may find interesting or useful, or that you specifically request. We also use your personally identifiable information to address problems, protect against error, fraud and criminal activity and to inform you about items, services, offers and updates on or with respect to the Site and our products and services. We also may compare and review personal information to identify users using multiple identifications or aliases and to check for errors, omissions and accuracy. We also use your personal information to improve the Site and to analyze usage of the Site. In addition, we may use your personal information to provide you information relevant to your use of the Site. If you do not want to receive communications from us, you should opt out of the receipt of such communications at ClientServices@TamaraMellon.com
- Changing and Deleting Your Information. You may review and change your personally identifiable information by providing us with your new information by emailing us at ClientServices@TamaraMellon.com. Upon your written request, we will deactivate your account and remove your personally identifiable information from our active database, but we can maintain your personally identifiable information in our records to be used for purposes such as fraud protection and to resolve disputes.
- Aggregated Information. We may use your information for the purpose of providing aggregated information (that is not personally identifiable) about users to third parties.
- Data Integrity. Tamara Mellon collects personally identifiable information that is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. Tamara Mellon will take reasonable steps to ensure that personally identifiable information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
- S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor. Tamara Mellon is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union and Switzerland, respectively. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. as well as the U.S. and Switzerland. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Web site. If you would like to contact Tamara Mellon directly about the Safe Harbor program, please send an e-mail to ClientServices@TamaraMellon.com. If you are an individual residing in Switzerland or the European Union who has directly transferred personal information to Tamara Mellon and have utilized Tamara Mellon’s internal dispute resolution process with respect to any issue that arises in connection with Tamara Mellon and your personal information, but your complaint or dispute remains unresolved, Tamara Mellon agrees to utilize the Safe Harbor Program independent dispute resolution process of the American Arbitration Association.
- Children’s Policy. Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13.
- Mobile Messaging. If you’ve signed up for mobile messaging (e.g., SMS and MMS) offers but later decide you no longer wish to receive them, simply follow the opt-out instructions in the mobile message.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 7966 Beverly Blvd., Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90048. Please allow 30 days for a response.